What is the process of obtaining a E Visa for Australians?
The process of obtaining the e-visa is not made easy by the new online process:
- You have to provide accurate details in the online application form and affix recent coloured photographs. Additionally, more documents are required for the type of visa you need.
- After that, you need to complete the form and check out by paying the fee with the help of your debit card or credit card.
- Next is you will receive an application ID and ETA on your email within seven days.
- Make sure you check the visa status as “granted” before visiting India.
- It is always advised to carry a photocopy of the electronic travel authorisation (ETA) which is required to present to the immigration office.
- Lastly, carry a sufficient budget whenever travelling to other countries.
- An Electronic visa facility is only available for ordinary passport holders.
- Your passport should have two blank pages where the Immigration Officer can put a stamp.
- Children also need separate e-Visas and passports while travelling to India.